bhmh logo mini


bhmh logo

Back to main About Us page

Beech Hill Memorial Hall Management Committee

DRAFT MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING ON 2 MAY 2017
(same day as AGM)

Present
Charlie Carter
Fleur Howles
Graham Bell
Sarah Potter
Hannah Callier
Carole Woodason
Sam Moore
Gillian Grahame
John Wait
Anton Roberts
 
 
Apologies
Laura Bell

1. Apologies

See above

2. Minutes of last meeting (14 Feb 2017)

Provided by SP and signed as a true record by CC

3. Matters arising

CC will check with Harvey Crocker whether he is still willing to re-surface the car park now the weather is better.

Porch and Aims of Memorial Hall Trust charity will be discussed at next meeting

 
4. Financial update   
 
Treasurer’s Report dated 1 May 17 was presented by FH at the AGM section of the meeting. FH reported that income from lettings for the full year was £13500, only 10% down on previous year not 25% as budgeted. The reserve account stands at £26000.
 
5. Maintenance update
Lawn needs attention, CC will ask Ian Blacker or gardener to help.  New date for cleaning/maintenance day to be agreed.  GB will ask electrician to check electrical hum in disabled toilet at same time as electrical inspection for insurance.  Wall kettle has failed again so will be removed completely.
 
6. Events update

Pudding Club event suggested for 17 June at 7.30 pm.

Summer fete will be held on Sat 2 Sep 2017 and is being organised by a separate committee. HC and FH presented proposed budget.  Overall sponsor and good raffle prizes from local businesses are still required – experiences are preferred.  GG to ask Nirvana spa if they would donate a raffle prize.  Permission has been given to use field for car parking.  GB to provide site plan.  FH to give CC a short summary on how a sponsor would benefit from sponsoring the fete.

Other planned events – bonfire and Christmas party

7. Strategy document – aims of Memorial Hall charity

SP to draft updated trust deed on aims of Memorial Hall charity for review by trustees – carry over to next meeting.

8. Any other business

It was agreed Beech Hill will enter Village of the Year competition.

FH reported we have received a large electricity bill which may or may not be correct as meter has not been read for 2 years

FH reported that non-domestic rates relief requires 2 years of audited accounts & we do not have suitable auditor.   Could ask Wendy Dacre for advice. HC to put message on Facebook asking for volunteer to help with accounts, if no response CC to ask Swap Mann if Trunkwell accounts team could help.

FH reported that she has investigated CAF bank account but application process is too onerous. Trustees approved move to Santander.

GG reported that she plans to move away from the village but will remain a trustee until she moves. IW will continue to run village teas.

SM and LB resigned as trustees due to other commitments.

GG requested lock for kitchen cupboard & will return china once lock is available

9. Date of next meeting

Tuesday 27 June 2017, Memorial Hall

~ End of draft minutes ~

 

© 2020 Beech Hill Memorial Hall, Wood Lane, Beech Hill, Reading, RG7 2BE. Registered charity number 300116.
gotop