Planning permission for the new hall was granted in March 2009 and building work commenced in January 2010. The fundraising effort was extremely successful and through a combination of local events, private donations and grants from local authority and voluntary sector bodies, £180k was raised. The new hall was formally opened in summer 2011.
The original Memorial Hall was built in 1919 by the local community as a memorial to those who died during the Great War. Over its 90-year history it has been a focal point for parish council meetings, village meetings, the Mothers' Union, Youth Club, and Horticultural Society meetings, etc.
The original building became increasingly difficult to maintain and wasn't able to provide the type of facilities essential for a 21st century community. As a result of this the Management Committee decided in February 2008 to launch a fundraising appeal to build a new hall.